November 21, 2011

Monday is for Menu's

Sigh. I am SOOO bad about flying by the seat of my pants when it comes to meal preperation. But I have a *good* excuse...I'm a single mom for 2 1/2 days every week, so those are the days I just stare into the refrigerator waiting for something to talk to me. When hubby is home, I try to plan meals he will enjoy. BUT I've decided that I really need to STOP doing that because I end up eating things that I really shouldn't...and if I shouldn't my boys shouldn't either. So starting today I'm going to have a Menu Monday posts where I list the things I'm considering on incorporating into our meals this week. I don't know if you know this, but I have a serious addiction to cooking magazines and cookbooks! I am 100% game to try new recipes and I'm always on the search for the "Next Great Recipe" for my family!

Now this week is tricky because Thanksgiving is coming up on Thursday, so I'll be cooking most of the day for that...but, here is the current rundown of things to cook this week...

Monday:
Dinner-
Chicken Noodle Soup w/my homemade Turkey Stock
Fresh loaf of my Three Flour Bread

Tuesday:
Breakfast-
Oats w/apples and raisins
Toast w/peanut butter

Lunch-
Black bean and Cheese Quesidilas
Apples/Carrots (whichever each boy chooses)

Dinner-
Chicken Noodle Soup
Bread and/or crackers

Wednesday:
Breakfast-
Cereal w/Toast n Peanut butter

Lunch-
*Undecided*

Dinner-
Chicken Noodle Soup
Bread and/or Crackers
Cinnamon Rolls

Thursday:
THANKSGIVING!!
Breakfast-
buttermilk Pancakes w/maple syrup

Lunch-
WYCF (Whatever you can find)

Dinner-
Garlic Herb Roasted Turkey
Mashed Potatoes (yukon golds!)
Turkey Gravy
Stuffing (I have a new organic one to try)
Easy Crescent Rolls
Green Salad w/homemade dressing
Mac n Cheese Casserole
Sparkling Organic 100% juices
Pumpkin Pie and Apple Pie

Friday:
Breakfast-
Eggs, Bacon, Crescent Rolls

Lunch/Dinner-
LEFTOVERS!!

Saturday:
Depends on what the hubby wants...he cooks breakfast for me every Saturday so I can have the extra time to get ready for church! Such a sweetheart!

I have a list of various snacks and desserts I might make this week too...this is the time of year when I LOVE to bake!!

No comments: