June 26, 2012

Just a little update...

Can you believe it's the last week of June already? Seriously crazy to think it's almost the 4th of July! Our summer is most definitely here with 100+ degrees scheduled for the end of the week. We took a break from homeschooling this week. My health has been a bit iffy lately and I need some time to get back up to snuff.

We think my eyes have experienced some strain due to not having an updated prescription in awhile as well as the pressures of more computer use due to all the stuff I'm doing for homeschooling and my new job as a the Designed to Color magazine's social media director. It caused a scary episode of pre-seizure symptoms (something I've dealt with since I was 8 years old) while driving home in traffic in downtown Cincinnati--the first time it's ever happened while driving. I got scared and immediately started praying out loud to our Father to help me make it home (60 + miles!) and to keep me and my babies safe. Praise to the Lord that He heard and answered my prayer and we made it home safely. The last 20 miles were filled with LOUD singing of hymns by myself and Little Britches at the top of our lungs. But it got us home. This morning I'm experiencing a bout of "summer flu" where my stomach is upset and I can't eat much and am severely lacking in energy. My eyes are tired too. So after I take my boys to the in-laws for the day, I'm heading up to the ophthalmologist to get my eyes checked.

Any and all prayers would be appreciated about this. We're hoping that it's my eyes that are causing my other health problems...and so not only am I getting my eyes checked out but I'm having to reconfigure my computer usage because what I'm doing now is aggravating my eyes. So I am going to be limiting my usage to just twice a day for one hour each time. This should allow me to catch up on my emails, check my FB and do anything else I need to...and give my eyes a break. The last time I was having this issue was back when I worked as an administrative assistant and was on the computer for nearly 8 hours a day...I had the eye strain and health issues then too. So it's obviously connected and I am just going to have to make changes. I don't want to burn out my eyes. And less computer time is NEVER a bad thing anyways, right?!

So that is what is going on right now. I just wanted to let you all know...

And my scripture for today is very aprapos...

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Phillipians 4:13

No comments: