July 14, 2013

The Homeschool Mother's Journal~ July 14th

http://www.soyoucallyourselfahomeschooler.com/2013/07/13/the-homeschool-mothers-journal-july-13-2013/
In my life this week…I am hoping to have my air conditioner fixed. It is supposed to be in the 90's all week. And living in Kentucky means that with the heat comes the nasty makes you melt humidity...and I admit. I am soooooo spoiled to have a home with air conditioning...so I'd REALLY appreciate it if it WORKED! Sadly, we know exactly what the problem is and it will be several hundred $$$ to get it fixed. But God blessed us in advance with some extra money a few weeks ago---so we don't have to pull from our savings. I LOVE it when God does that, don't you??

In our homeschool this week…we will be continuing our month long unit on oceans/sea/beach. We have a bunch of great books to read and I have some projects lined up.

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…Make sure you pull out your next years curriculum and look over it and start making a list of the new supplies you will need. I discovered that we need quite a few 3-ring binders this coming year...something I don't already have on hand. So with the school sales coming up, I am making our list so we can take it with us and get what we need.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…all my sister-in-laws are in town this week as well as their cousin who is like a sister-in-law to me. We are enjoying spending the rare time with all of them here together. As for places we are going--on Tuesday night we will be joining a small group from church and carpooling up to the Columbus area to see a special Living History show about Johnny Appleseed. Our pastor used to be on the Ohio Chautauqua committee which brings shows with actors portraying real people from history. Since we going to be learning American History this year in 2nd grade, I really want Little Britches to experience a living history show featuring one of the characters we will be learning about.

I’m cooking…nothing. LOL! Hey, I did say my AC went out! I am NOT heating up that stove!

I’m grateful for…the Lord's protection this week. As I was giving piano lessons on Wednesday evening, my laptop cord CAUGHT ON FIRE! It was just like those fire prevention videos! I was able to snatch it up and get it out of the wall and flung it outside in the rain. Then my piano student and I just stood there and I just kept saying "Thank you Lord!!!" I was so grateful that I was HOME when it happened! That kind of thing will burn your house down...God was incredibly merciful and I have been singing His praise all week!

I’m praying for…more than I can mention here!

Something I am ogling or have my eye on…I'm thinking an ice cream maker sounds REALLY good right about now. Anyone have a good one they can tell me about??

A photo, video, link, or quote to share (silly, serious or both!)…

Have a blessed week!

Photobucket

No comments: