August 27, 2013

Chats On the Farmhouse Porch for August 27th

Happy Tuesday! It's time for a bit of randomness this week...
Everyday Ruralty
*****
1. Do you remember your first day of school?
No, I don't. However, my mom does very vividly and can describe it for me. I think it's kind of something that the parents remember more than the kids.
***
2. Do you decorate for the different seasons? If so, have you decorated for fall yet?
Hmmm. Not like hardcore decorations. I do like to decorate my side door as that is the door my piano students come in. So I like to have seasonal window clings and door hangers. But that's about the extent of it.
***
3. What food do you associate with fall?
That first heavenly pot of chili and soup! I adore cooking in fall because I do all those yummy dishes. I also think of the scent of apple pie. And pumpkin pie. And all sorts of baked goodies. And spices. Hmmm...okay, I'm ready for fall!
***
4. Do you order books online, buy books in a bookstore, download books to a device, or frequent the library? If not interested in books, how do you get your music?
I am a weekly visitor to our library. We have an excellent one. But now that I'm doing Blogger Book Reviews I'm getting quite a few free new releases from publishers. I really don't like downloading books because I don't have a reading device...just Kindle for my laptop. And I NEVER download or buy music. Never have.
***
5. When was the last time you realized that you had just been talking to someone really special?
Is it a cop-out to say last night talking with Love-Of-My-Life? LOL! Seriously though I do enjoy those moments when you meet someone new and then walk away thinking about how much you enjoyed your conversations.
***
Well that's it for the chat this week! It was nice to have some randomness for the morning! Have a most beautiful and blessed day! It's our 2nd day of school here on the farm and it's supposed to be 90's all week long...and I have about 50 lbs of tomatoes in my kitchen to process today. So I am going to be a busy girl!

See you here tomorrow for another week of Wordless Wednesday!
Photobucket

No comments: