November 10, 2013

The Homeschool Mother's Journal Post~ November 10th

Click Here to Join In
*****
  In my life this week…
Oh it’s going to be pretty much the same old routine, but I do have a date with the hair salon on Tuesday afternoon. I get my “hairs did” once a year because it holds color incredibly well and I just enhance what I already have. But she’ll also cut it and thin it and get me “ready for winter.” It will be nice to just have 2 hrs of pampering! LOL!

  In our homeschool this week…
We are moving into the history I love most…the colonial times! We will start learning about Benjamin Franklin and his inventions which I know my Little Britches will just eat up! I we will also be doing some “Science in the Kitchen”, continue our memorization of our big poem (The Year), work on dictation, adding numbers up to 100 and a few fall activities I want to squeeze in like making our annual Thanksgiving magnets to send to our relatives. You can see our smashingly stunning magnets we made last year in my Blog Post Here.

  Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
The biggest lesson I’ve learned over the last couple weeks is to REALLY REALLY try to let go of a hard and fast schedule. If you have to do a few extra things after lunch, then so be it. If you finish later than you planned, it’s okay.

  Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
Well we were going to have friends come over tomorrow, but all their plans changed. But I am going to take the boys up to the Veteran’s Memorial here in town tomorrow afternoon and talk about Veterans Day.

  My favorite thing this week was…
Our constellations study. We sat outside with a constellation map and found a whole bunch of them. It was very clear a couple nights.

  My kiddos favorite thing this week was…
Eating chocolate ice cream with chocolate covered peanut butter stars—to go with our constellation study of course!

  Things I’m working on…
Putting together the music for the upcoming Women’s Conference I will be attending in Cincinnati in March. I was asked to put together a solo piece as well as a group piece. The theme for the conference is Fruits of the Spirit so I’m trying to find songs that will be complimentary to that theme. I love listening to music when searching for the “perfect” songs!

  I’m cooking…
Coconut Chocolate Chip cookies…new recipe for my latest issue of MaryJanesFarm magazine. They are DELICIOUS!

  I’m grateful for…
Good friends. If you have good friends, life is so much sweeter!

  I’m praying for…
The people in the Philippines whose life is forever altered. Our church has sister congregations over there and we are eagerly awaiting word from our brethren. My uncle’s new wife is actually in the Philippines right now. But she says she is safe as she and her family were on the other side of the island and avoided the severe storm…but that flooding could ruin her family’s rice crop.

  Something I am ogling or have my eye on…
Remember this electric kettle I had my eye on a few weeks back?

Well, I bought it! Yep. It was a great deal and I knew I'd use it a lot! And I have! Even Love-Of-My-Life is enjoying have hot water for tea at his fingertips! I use it too as a jump start to my gravy since it boils water twice as fast as water in a saucepan on the stove. I only wish I'd purchased it sooner!

  A photo, video, link, or quote to share (silly, serious or both!)…
Happy Autumn!


Photobucket

No comments: