November 4, 2013

The Monday Munchies~ Rustic Countryside Bread and Link-Up


I know it's been a couple weeks since the last recipe and link up! But don't worry! I have a recipe for you today that our family just loves! I hope you enjoy it too. It is the only recipe I have made that my husband enjoys using for sandwich bread. He claims that it hardly crumbs at all and I have to agree. When I slice it, it doesn't fall apart. And it's HEAVEN fresh out of the oven!


CLICK HERE FOR BREAD RECIPE

I have also come up with a simple photo "how-to" for those who like pictures!

Start by adding the ingredients to your bread pan in the order you usually do.
Make a well in the flour and add the yeast last. Then put it into your bread machine and run it on the dough setting.


When it's done, it's all nice and poofy!

Grease your bread pan and turn the dough into it. I like to grease mine with a tad of butter. It makes a lovely crust! Once I turn it in and get all the dough out of the pan, I kind of push it down a bit, then I flip it out and put it back in the pan. This gets both sides nice and buttered.

Then put it into a nice warm place to let it rise, covering with a cloth.
 During the autumn and winter, I love to use my woodstove!

At the end of the rising time (30 minutes) it should look nice and poofy like this.
As long as it is just curved higher than the pan it's ready. You really don't want it too high before you bake it, so don't let it rise for too long. Trust me. Then simply pop it into your preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes.

It's a lovely crusty loaf when it's all done!
I always turn it out right away to let it cool off and set the crust...
Isn't it pretty? 


See what a lovely bread this is? I cut this end off right away and gobbled it down! 
Notice how there aren't hardly any crumbs?
I hope you will try this recipe out for yourself!
***



Photobucket

No comments: