December 15, 2013

The Homeschool Mother's Journal for December 15th

Click Here to Add Yours!
*****
In my life this week…
I just want to be well. I lost 2 ½ days to a nasty headcold. When you are a mama, you just don’t have TIME to be sick. AND I couldn’t do any homeschooling because I had horrible sinus pressure one day, I had NO VOICE which cut our lessons short another day. Ugh. Did I mention that I haven’t been up to date with my normal chores too? Ugh. I HATE getting behind, don’t you?! Here is what I felt like this week:
You KNOW you've had weeks like this too! Bwahahahahah!

• In our homeschool this week…
Sadly we are going to have to play a bit of catch up. Which is crazy because I am homeschooling. I shouldn’t have to play it…but I feel like that is the downside of a boxed curriculum…it’s another reason that I am heading away from going with boxed curriculum next year. I need more wiggle room…………ANYWAYS! This week we will be finishing out our studies on President George Washington and the beginnings of our country and then we will move into following the pioneer trek across the country. We will also be moving into our second Singapore Math book (2A) which is pretty exciting.

• Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
If you get sick…don’t feel guilty when you can’t teach a day or two! Even public school teachers take sick days! But I tell you…I felt so guilty not teaching full days this past week!

• Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
This coming weekend we will be enjoying a family weekend visiting Great Wolf Lodge in Cincinnati! The boys are so excited about the waterpark which is their most favorite thing.

• My favorite thing this week was…
Um, is it pathetic to say my fabulous hot steamy showers when I was feeling so horrible??? They felt so good, especially with my Eucalyptus oil in their for a beautiful steam vapor!

• My kiddos favorite thing this week was…
I have to say that it was probably NOT having much school this week! LOL! They also enjoyed working on some art projects with my mother-in-law who is their art teacher.

• Things I’m working on…
Ugh. Catching up with everything.

• I’m cooking…
I’m hoping to get some batches of cookies this week. I have a secret pal package for a friend going out this week and I want to put some cookies in a tin for her.

• I’m praying for…
Good health for my family! I hope and pray that we can make it through with ME being the ONLY one who gets sick! It’s easier when it’s you and not your kids.

I'm also praying for members of my husband's family. One of his older cousins passed away yesterday of heart failure. She had a newly installed stent in her heart that collapsed and damaged her heart triggering heart failure. And another one of his older cousins was a in a bad car accident while on vacation in Gatlinburg, TN. He rolled his car when he hit a patch of black ice. He's okay but suffering bad shoulder injuries...his wife was also in the car, but I don't know the extent of her injuries.

• A photo, video, link, or quote to share (silly, serious or both!)…

Here's to everyone having a most excellent week--one of good health, peace and blessings!

Photobucket

No comments: