December 8, 2013

The Homeschool Mother's Journal Post for December 8th

• In my life this week…
It was about baking and just playing catch up with things. I didn’t do a SINGLE thing that would be counted as exciting by most…but I did spend a lot of time loving with my boys and I think THAT is awfully exciting!
Enjoying the tortillas we made together
• In our homeschool this week…
We continued our study of the events leading up to the American Revolution and the men who wrote the Declaration of Independence. Math consisted of subtraction this week (something I discovered Little Britches is not as strong in). We spent about an hour for Science on Thursday which made both boys very happy. I admit I don’t do Science enough as a priority. (I think that will need to be something to consider when determining our curriculum for next year.) English was reviewing types of sentences, direct quotations and indirect quotations. The highlight for SURE of the week was reading The Little Red Hen and the Three Billy Goats Gruff for story summation and narration.

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
Do the subject you “forget” to do FIRST! When I do this it ALWAYS gets done---almost the ONLY way it will get done. And yes I’m talking about Science. LOL!

• Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
We are in our downtime period of the year right now…BUT we have a great winter weekend coming up the 20th-22nd! We will be enjoy at The Great Wolf Lodge in Cinncinnati as part of a great churchwide winter weekend. The boys are counting down the days…especially because their (favorite) aunt who lives in Arizona flies in two days after we get home from that! Very exciting indeed!

• My favorite thing this week was…
Is it sad to say it was actually getting science done?? LOL! Truly my favorite thing this week was getting things lined up for my new role as a The Old Schoolhouse Review Crew Member! Woot! I am beyond excited about the opportunity this is for our family! This week has been busy with me investigating SchoolhouseTeachers.com as part of my first review which will be going LIVE at the end of this week! (woot!) I’ve been exploring the different parts of this great website and seeing what I can incorporate into our school week. Thankfully there is a LOT of aspects I can use, so I’ve just been narrowing it down and plugging it into our week! (pssst. Science this past week was ONE of those very things!)

• My kiddos favorite thing this week was…
Um. Science? Sad I know…they both love it so much and I’m so horrible at “forgetting” to do it! LOL! But we did it this week and they loved it. They also adored the two stories we read, AND the fact that it S-N-O-W-E-D!!!!

• Things I’m working on…
T-I-M-E    M-A-N-A-G-E-M-E-N-T!
Remember THIS BLOG SERIES from back in August? Yeah I am working on making sure I apply it to my own life!!! Especially with this new review crew opportunity. That is going to require more blogging and more blogging means more time set aside for writing quality posts. And that means adjusting my schedule and making myself more accountable for my time but not getting overwhelmed as I juggle all my mom hats!

• I’m cooking…
Oh I made some amazing gingerbread on Friday. Sooooooo good and YES, I WILL share the recipe! I’m trying to get it written up for a The Monday Munchies post tomorrow!!

• I’m grateful for…
My sweet amazing Love-Of-My-Life! We celebrated our 11th anniversary on December 1st. I cannot believe we’ve already been together that long! It’s been an adventure I never imagined for myself but one I wouldn’t trade for any other!

• I’m praying for…
All of the people who are in this series of winter storms who are without power! I’ve been there and done that and I NEVER want to experience it again! I pray that your power will be on very very soon!

• Something I am ogling or have my eye on…
Oh that’s easy! My Love-Of-My-Life hinted that I can pick an e-reader for my birthday next week (the 16th) so I’ve been doing research on them. I think that for what I want to use it for the Kindle Paperwhite will be my best choice.


 Do you have one? Do you like it? I only want it for reading…and I read at night. And I read a LOT. I had to laugh because everyone who knows me KNOWS why my sweetheart is getting me this. He’s hoping that it will somehow eliminate my need to buy new books! Or as he said “no more buying 10,000 books every year!” Now that is obviously a GROSS exaggeration! He sees me getting new books, but I still don’t think he realizes that I am getting them for free as part of my book blogger review programs! LOL! I honestly have only purchased a whopping 10 total books this year. And that INCLUDES books for my boys! So I hardly think that’s anywhere near the 10,000 he assumes. (snicker) But I won’t argue if it means he wants to splurge on me a new toy!

• A photo, video, link, or quote to share (silly, serious or both!)…
In all fairness to my sweetheart, this is a TRUE STORY!

Have a beautiful week! I have two amazing reviews scheduled to share at the end of this week so please make sure you at LEAST check back then but don't forget The Monday Munchies post tomorrow with a new recipe! Remember you can always follow me many different ways including via email! Just check out my side bar on the right and make sure you never miss a new post!
Photobucket

No comments: