March 18, 2014

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch #131

Everyday Ruralty
What are your favorite condiments?
Mayonnaise and Ketchup. And I'm a mayo snob. I can't stand Miracle Whip (shiver). I will only eat Helmanns or Kraft. I have tried making it myself but it never works out for me. And I'm weird. I put mayo on my hotdogs. For some reason this grosses my husband's family out. LOL! I'm not as picky about my Ketchup...but I really like the Organic brand we have now. It's really flavorful.

What are you reading?
I JUST finished (as in during lunch) book #4 of The Underland Chronicles by Suzanne Collins (same author of Hunger Games). I really like Young Adult Lit and this series is well done...now on to book #5--the conclusion of the series.

What was the last dessert you had?
I had a pastry that I bought at Costco. It was delicious. I'm not really a dessert person. I have to be in the mood for it. But I was in the mood and it was tasty.

Wendell would like to know if you would build him a snowman. (If you don't have snow, just pretend. He's not detail oriented.)
No snowmen, Wendell. I am anti-snow at this point. If I built a snowman, I'd probably knock it's head off.

Tell me something fun or interesting.
I just got home from an incredible weekend with 276 of my Sisters in Christ. We had a delightful enrichment weekend where we spent time analyzing the Fruit of the Spirit (Gal. 5:22-23) and how we can "grow" our fruit in abundance and quality in our lives.

Have a lovely week! Now that everyone in my house is healthy again I am hoping to be more consistent with my blogging! It's hard to find time to do it when you are stretched in so many directions!
Photobucket

No comments: