October 7, 2016

The Refiner's Fire {Five Minute Friday}

Here we are at the end of yet another week in October. I am praying for those people who are stuck in the South Eastern Seaboard during this scary time waiting for the hurricane. I hope that if that is you, that you will be safe! Because it is Friday, it is time for another week of Five Minute Friday, and fortunately, this time it was easy to think about what to write!
AND GO
Test
When I think of the word test in regards to God, I think of one of my most favorite scriptures:

I will bring the one-third through the fire, Will refine them as silver is refined, And test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, And I will answer them. I will say, ‘This is My people'; And each one will say, ‘The LORD is my God.' ”
~Zechariah 13.9
I always think of that phrase that talks about how God tests His people just like gold. He refines us. Refining isn't a pleasant thing. It's hot. And uncomfortable. I always think of the scripture where it says that we will call on His name. But this time I think about how it's connected with what is previously said. It is like God KNOWS we will call on Him in the middle of our refining and He promises to answer. And because He answers, if we truly have faith and belief in Him, we will claim Him as our God, and thus He will call us His people. 

So think about that the next time you are feeling tested. God tests to see who you will call for. When you call on HIS name, He answers. And when you call Him your God, He calls you His child. And when God has your back...this world has nothing you can't handle.

AND STOP
Want to Join in?
***
I hope you have a beautiful weekend and please remember those in the South Eastern United States who are in for a rough ride, and the people in Haiti who have already suffered and lost. 
 photo 2015blogsiggy_zpsfy0kfo4t.png

No comments: